DISCOVER ALL FAMILY FRIENDLY ATTRACTIONS IN BARCELONA
Your guide to visit Barcelona
Barcelona is a big city with lots to see and visit. To start with, from our Hotels Continental most of the top attractions of Barcelona are within walking distance.
Discover all family friendly attractions in Barcelona
Barcelona is packed full of things to do year-round. From family attractions, amusement parks and many museums that are specifically tailored to the interests of children. If you're visiting Barcelona for the first time with your family, here are our top family friendly venues or attractions:
· Zoo de Barcelona: Barcelona zoo, located inside one of the most beautiful park in the city, Parc de la Ciutadella was inaugurated in 1892. The zoo used to be the home of the only known albino gorilla, who died in 2003. The Zoo has a wide variety of animals, from gorillas to snakes, elephants, flamingos, penguins, komodo dragons and more. If you don't mind queuing for quite a while, there's a dolphin show to see with the kids. However, If you decide not to go inside the zoo, you can easily spend some time exploring the park with your family. A lovely lake can be found inside the park where row boats can be rented, and there are playgrounds for kids if they wish to play hide and seek. In addition, it´s a perfect place to have a picnic with the family.
· Museu de la Xocolata (Chocolate Museum): Museu de la Xocolata or Barcelona Chocolate Museum is situated in the Born neighborhood, one of the most fashionable places in the city. The Born barrio also happens to be very near Ciutadella Park in case you’re thinking of combining it with the zoo or exploring the park with the kids. The museum walks you through the origins of chocolate, it arrival to Spain in the 15th century from the New World, and how a ‘chocolate confectionery tradition’ was established in Barcelona.
· Barcelona Aquarium: Barcelona Aquarium prides itself on being ‘the largest Mediterranean-themed aquarium in the world’. It is said to house ‘35 aquariums, with 11,000 animals representing 450 species’. If you have anyone with you who loves sharks, the aquarium has a tube where you go in and you are covered with fish all around you, especially sharks. There´s also a play area in the aquarium where kids can spend some time playing.
· Magic fountain of Montjuic: The Magic Fountain of Montjuïc was constructed in 1929 for ‘the Great Universal Exhibition’ and continues to captivate visitors to Barcelona today. The fountain delivers a fantastic display of ‘water acrobatics, colour and light in sync with music. The best part, it´s free! If you´re travelling with your family make sure you stop by for a spectacular display.
· Illa Fantasia: Illa Fantasia with over 20 different water slides and 3 large swimming pools, it´s one of Europe's largest water parks. Illa Fantasia is about 30 minute train ride from the city centre. The water park has something for everyone whether you want to get your heart on the high-speed water slides or just relax in the picnic area. The park is a perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of Barcelona and spend an unforgettable day with the family in the summer months.
· Tibidabo Amusement Park: This park is a must if you visit Barcelona with your little ones. They will enjoy the rides and attractions of this 100 year old amusement park, while you are delighted by amazing views of Barcelona. The park has a very easy access with the touristic bus T2A from Plaça Catalunya or using the Tibidabo funicular, one of the cable cars in Barcelona.
· Parc Güell By Antoni Gaudí: Your trip to Barcelona would not be complete without seeing at least one of the architectural works of Antoni Gaudí. Situated in the city of Barcelona, Park Guell is one of the most beautiful icons of the city. From the entrance to each area of the park, there is something to catch your attention. If you go up the hill, you will get the most stunning views of Barcelona. It is also great place for families, couples and pretty much anyone to spend the day.
· Port Aventura Theme Park and Ferrari Land: Port Aventura is the no. 1 theme park located in Salou south of Barcelona. It attracts more than 4 million visitors per year. It’s a great place for family with children as they have a dedicated section for kids. There are attractions for the whole family from very thrilling rides to the ones for young children. Younger children will enjoy the Sesame St- themed section.